Manager, Social Media Community Engagement
Position Grade: Manager 2
Position Location: Flexible Location
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to all Teach For America corps members and alumni. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in a commitment to equity, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students and communities.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a “When Work Works” award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service.
If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit educationalequity.org.
The manager, social media community engagement will build an action-driven, enthusiastic and highly engaged social media following and community on both public and internal/private social channels to drive LEE member success. The manager will bring passion for equity, exceptional creativity and a willingness to build, test and learn in a creative environment while implementing a measurable strategy and plan for LEE’s social media channels, leading to follower growth, digital action taking and engagement. The manager will build and cultivate LEE’s brand voice across social media, communicating with attention to values, LEE members’ commitment to achieving equity and a deep understanding of the politics and community forces facing LEE’s diverse membership. The social media manager will work closely across LEE’s marketing + leadership products and support teams to integrate strategies and plans on an ongoing basis, and work deeply with LEE’s regional teams to develop scalable digital products and strategies that drive action from national and regional social campaigns.
The manager will:
- Build and manage content plans aligned to brand voice and campaign priorities
- Identify and implement innovative approaches to convert members from social channel engagement to “on demand” content, webinars and private social experiences
- Build innovative, engaging social content aligned to LEE’s unique brand voice and member audiences
- Align across teams, building and share weekly data insights that fuel LEE teams’ product and marketing efforts
- Define and manage programs and activations within social communities and measure their effectiveness
- Ensure deep integration into public-facing and private (LEE member-exclusive) social communities
- Interface exceptionally with LEE teams to ensure alignment with priorities and messaging, and build relationships with influencers and content partnerships
- Have your finger on the pulse of LEE members at all times
- Grow social media followings, ultimately fueling LEE member leadership growth and action-taking
Position Location: Washington, DC, New York preferred. Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco also considered.
Travel Requirements: 10% for regular team meetings once regular travel resumes
Social Channel content and data management (50%)
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences for social channels
- Co-create with a team director and manage implementation of a robust social channel calendar, developing brand-aligned campaigns and content strategies, Initiating content plans and social calendars across multiple social platforms, and maintaining an up to date, proactive social media content calendar
- Implement digital advertising tactics
- Partner regularly across LEE teams to develop content ideas and exercising expert judgement to develop brand-aligned content plans
- Develop and deploy engaging, aligned social content in voice, with clear Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for success
Creative digital content development and production (30%)
- Design, pilot and implement social media and digital experience strategies in deep partnership with LEE’s technology team, driving from social engagement actions to on demand video webinar tools, chatbot tools, private social channels and other experiences aligned with LEE primary member action and community engagement goals
Cross-team strategy and alignment (10%)
- Align strategies deeply with LEE marketing, regional and national teams, developing and deploying content strategies that deepen engagement and drive members to action
Additional projects as assigned (10%)
- Additional creative projects as identified by team leaders
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in digital communications
- Experience working across complex organizations requiring tact, diplomacy and trust
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
- Experience developing social media and digital content
- Excellent writing and production skills
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- 3+ years of digital content development experience
- Experience developing digital content and experiences on social + on demand video webinars
- Experience managing a calendar of multiple social handles
- Exceptional curiosity, creativity and willingness to experiment across multiple digital tools
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within a geographically dispersed team
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Benefits and Pay
Pay for this position is competitive and based upon relevant experience and cost of labor for your location. Please use the following link to learn more about compensation for this position: https://educationalequity.org/applicant-resources#sec3. In addition, LEE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; employer-paid basic life and AD&D insurance and short and long-term disability insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parental leave benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.